Introduction / Overview
"The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect."
Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and Inventor of the World Wide Web
This course will provide an introduction to Oklahoma’s Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Law passed in 2004 (HB 2197). The following topics will be presented; Basic introduction to accessibility requirements, testing of web sites for compliance, and correcting common problems.
- Background - What are the standards for web accessibility?
- Overview of the law (HB 2197), regulations, and OSU information.
- Web Accessibility Testing and Validation
- Testing Web Sites, Testing Software, Browser Add-on, and OSU Services
- Correcting Basic Problems
- Images, Links, Tab Order, Style Sheets
- Additional Information Sources
- more stuff